Aromatherapy may be added as an enhancement to any massage session from a LaVida Massage + Skincare Center. This enhancement provides guests with a more therapeutic experience. Aromatherapy is the use of Essential Oils to promote relaxation and relief during a massage session. During your massage session, the Massage Therapist will combine the Essential Oil of your choice with the massage oil or lotion to safely massage it into your skin and/or add a small amount to a tissue or towel for inhalation throughout the service.
LaVida Massage + Skincare Essential Oils are derived from natural sources using different extraction methods such as steam distilling or a mechanical method known as cold pressing.
Here at LaVida Massage + Skincare we offer a variety of Essential Oils, each with their own unique aroma and set of benefits.
- Peppermint: fresh, strong, minty, slightly peppery aroma. Peppermint is used to help alleviate headaches, improve mental awareness when inhaled, and reduce stress.
- Lavender: sweet, floral, woodsy aroma. Used to promote deep relaxation during a massage session, and may also help with sleep when used at home.
- Eucalyptus: Minty, cooling, and sharp aroma. Promotes sinus health, ease soreness when used in conjunction with a topical analgesic.
- Frankincense: Unique fragrance with hints of camphor and citrus. Frankincense promotes the reduction of inflammation and has antibacterial properties.
- Spearmint: Refreshing minty aroma that is more subtle and gentle than peppermint. Soothes nausea when inhaled, may help to relieve headaches and cold symptoms.
LaVida Massage + Skincare Custom Blends
We also offer our LaVida Massage + Skincare Essential Oil custom blends, including:
- Happy Life: A combination of Bergamot oil, Orange oil, Lime oil, Grapefruit and Lemon oil. The combination of these oils results in an uplifting, refreshing, and energizing aroma.
One of the most common and effective applications is the direct inhalation method. During the direct inhalation method, the Massage Therapist will place the correct and measured amount of Essential Oil on a cotton ball or tissue that is then placed under the face cradle during a massage session. This is especially popular for Essential Oils that are intended to assist with respiratory or sinus ailments as well as the psychological benefits of a good smell! It is important to be very careful while practicing this application if you have a history of nasal problems or allergies.
Another common practice is to mix the Essential Oil into the massage lotion and apply the mixture topically. Because some oils are powerful enough to burn the skin, this sort of topical application is not available for all Essential Oils. Please consult your Massage Therapist if you have questions about how to best utilize Essential Oils and Aromatherapy during your next session at LaVida Massage + Skincare.